Our Partners at ACCESSnow.org, an organization that is mobilizing for Global Digital Freedom is hosting a LIVE web Symposium today from 12 pm EST – 1:15 pm EST.
Watch the live feed at www.accessnow.org/live
If you have trouble streaming the live video feed, click HERE to get the AUDIO ONLY feed.
Tweet and submit questions using Hashtag: #QforAccess
• Marietje Schaake (Member of the European Parliament, The Netherlands)
• Susan Crawford (Former ICANN Board Member, Professor at Cardozo Law School)
• Chuck Cosson (Senior Policy Counsel, Microsoft)
• Arthit Suriyawongkul (Coordinator, Thai Netizen Network)
• Joe McNamee (Advocacy Coordinator, European Digital Rights (EDRi))
• Alberto Cerda (Derechos Digitales, Professor in Law at the University of Chile Law School)
For the first time, the G8 Heads of State explicitly discussed internet policy last month; the OECD is holding a High-Level Meeting to discuss “The Internet Economy” next week; nearly a dozen countries are negotiating a Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement with real implications for online intermediary liability; and this week the Dutch became the first country in Europe to make net neutrality law.
This ACCESS LIVE event, an online live-streamed symposium, will give an overview of recent developments in internet policy, discuss the implications that regulation has had and will likely have on users in the future, and debate what a roadmap to smart and user-centric governance of the net might look like.
Watchitoo is happy to partner and provide hosting to Accessnow.org for the Live Web Symposium.